Harmony Montgomery is a 7-year-old girl that went missing from Manchester, New Hampshire in 2019. Her disappearance is just now being reported.
Crystal Sorey and Adam Montgomery are Harmony’s parents. Both have changed their stories to the police about what happened to Harmony and when she went missing. Police are still investigating to find out exactly when she disappeared. Was it six months ago? Or two years ago? Manchester police arrested her dad and believe that he has something to do with her disappearance. They put out a “missing child” alert for Harmony on December 31, 2021. Callahan Walsh from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children told Fox News, “I’m glad he’s been arrested. I think that’s step one. That way law enforcement can really question him”.
“Manchester Police received a report this week that Harmony Montgomery has not been seen since late 2019. The circumstances surrounding this prolonged absence are very concerning and are being thoroughly investigated,” police posted on Facebook and said, “At this time I have dedicated all available resources and personnel to locating Harmony. I encourage anyone to contact the Manchester Police Department with any relevant information which will help us in locating Harmony,” said Chief Allen D. Aldenberg.
They do not give a lot of information and people commenting on the post made by the police are not being helpful either. Though they are raising awareness that not only did the parents fail this child, but also that the Department of Children and Youth Services in New Hampshire did too. Apparently, the whole time that Harmony has been missing, DYS had a case open on her and failed to check on her or report that she is missing.
Most news media outlets are giving vague information, but thanks to Jessica McBride at Heavy.com I was able to find out a little more about the girl’s case.
1. On January 5, 2022, Manchester police announced that they had arrested Adam Montgomery.
“Attorney General John M. Formella, Hillsborough County Attorney John Coughlin, and Manchester Police Chief Allen D. Aldenberg announce that Adam Montgomery, age 31, of Manchester, New Hampshire, was arrested on January 4, 2022, in Manchester. Mr. Montgomery’s arrest was pursuant to an arrest warrant for one charge of felony second-degree assault arising from 2019 conduct against Harmony Montgomery, age 7, as well as one misdemeanor charge of interference with custody, and two misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child pertaining to Harmony Montgomery. Although an arrest has been made, the search for Harmony continues. Mr. Montgomery is expected to be arraigned on January 5, 2022, in the Hillsborough County Superior Court North. The arraignment is expected to take place via WebEx at 11:00 a.m. Officials are continuing to search for Harmony and are requesting the public’s assistance in locating her. Harmony’s photo is attached to this release as well. The charges and allegations against Mr. Montgomery are merely accusations, and he is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty”.
2. “According to a police affidavit, Harmony Montgomery’s biological mother, Crystal Sorey, originally stated she hadn’t seen her daughter in over six months. She later said she last saw her daughter via video chat on Easter 2019,” reports Newsweek.
3. Manchester Police received a report this week that Harmony Montgomery has not been seen since late 2019. “The circumstances surrounding this prolonged absence are very concerning and are being thoroughly investigated”. Both parents have given police conflicting information about when Harmony went missing.
4. Apparently, Nyah Yadin, Harmony’s cousin wrote on Facebook, “Hello everyone I’m Harmony Montgomerys older cousin as many of you know a report for my cousin was made stating she had been missing for two years yes that is accurate but what many of you don’t know is Harmony is in or was last known to be in the custody of her father Adam Montgomery last known in the area of Manchester any information would be highly appreciated even if it’s years old please don’t be shy to direct message me or call anything any information helps this post is also for the ignorant people who wanna form an opinion off of a news broadcast that doesn’t give you any valid information”.
Harmony’s Mother, Crystal Sorey is also posting on Facebook, “LISTEN PLEASE!!!! If ANYONE FROM THE MANCHESTER NH AREA or EVEN MASS HAS SEEN MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HARMONY OR HER FATHER ADAM MONTGOMERY PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME ASAP!!! SHE IS CURRENTLY MISSING!! THERE WILL BE A PRESS RELEASE THIS EVENING GIVING MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SITUATION & who to contact!!! PLEASE SHARE THIS !!!!!!!!”.
“People will Do ANYTHING FOR MEDIA CLOUT!!! You people SICKEN MEEEEEE!!!!! Tryna gey FAMOUS OFF MY BABIES DISAPPEARANCE!! Please Share my daughters story my loved ones!!!”
She adds, “Id appreciate if my family would have my back & put this irrelevant loser a** bully in his place!!! My daughter is missing & this is what ppl are focusing on?! Throwing my past on front street & trying to make it look like i dont care! I will say this for the LAST TIME!! NEW HAMPSHIRE DCYF FAILED MY DAUGHTER!!! MYSELF & HER FAMILY HAVE FILED DOZENS OF REPORTS OF ABUSE & NEGLECT & NOTHING WAS DONE UNTIL I CALLED POLICE & WROTE A LETTER TO THE NH MAYOR!!!! This is ALL I WILL SAY UNTIL I AM ALLOWED TO SAY MORE CUZ I WILL NOT HINDER MY DAUGHTERS INVESTIGATION!!!!!”
3. Michael Montgomery wrote on Facebook that Harmony has not been missing since 2019 and says, “Her Father has had the whole family blocked by phone and social media for years, he had custody of harmony last I spoke with him in 2019, the mother has recently been trying to get visits with her but could not get ahold of the father, the MPD has gotten ahold of him he is not cooperating. That’s all I know I live 1500 miles away”.
5. NBC Boston reported, “a man who said he is the uncle of the girl’s father told NBC10 Boston he reported an incident to DCYF in July or August of 2019”.
6. Blair Miller, a Washington D.C. television anchor adopted Harmony’s brother Jamison, but Harmony was not adopted. He says that he has a close relationship with Harmony’s mother and that “When we were going through the adoption process, we quickly learned about Harmony. When we adopted Jamison he’s been well aware of his relationship with Harmony”, but he goes on to say that they have never met Harmony. Jessica reports, “He said it was difficult to keep that relationship going over the years. He said that he had never met Harmony”.
Brian Miller wrote “We’ve been asked this question repeatedly and understandably – why did we not adopt Harmony and Jamison together. When we adopted Jamison, Harmony had already been reunited with family. Jamison had not so we were able to adopt just him. Harmony’s case was closed. Please bring awareness to her case. It’s devastating”.
7. CNN did not report any of that but made the father out to be a monster saying “New Hampshire prosecutors allege that Montgomery knowingly caused bodily injury to Harmony by “striking her in the face” sometime in July 2019; knowingly concealed her from the state’s Division of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF); and refused to provide the Manchester Police Department information leading to the whereabouts of Harmony”.
8. Harmony’s uncle says that Adam Montgomery would “spank Gofundme.
9. Adam and Kayla Montgomery share three children. “Kayla Montgomery told police December 31 that she last saw Harmony around November or December 2019, that Adam told her he was driving her back to her mother in Massachusetts, and that she had not seen or heard about Harmony since. She also added that she had not been in contact with Adam Montgomery since November 2021 and that he was now living with another woman,” CNN reports.
10. Kayla Montgomery was arrested for food stamp fraud because she collected over $1,500 in Harmony Montgomery’s name.
Kayla Montgomery is charged with welfare fraud after collecting food stamps in the missing girl’s name, according to the New Hampshire attorney general’s office. (Newsweek)
11. The police found Adam and his girlfriend sleeping in a car in Manchester and CNN reports that he said one thing and then another; “According to police, Adam initially said Harmony was fine and that he had seen her somewhat recently. However, he later said that he had not seen his daughter since Crystal Sorey came to pick her up around Thanksgiving 2019”.
12. Crystal Sorey has denies ever taking custody of Harmony or ever seeing her after the FaceTime call around Easter 2019.
This case is certainly concerning, and confusing. Where is Harmony Montgomery? The Manchester Police Department is asking that anyone with any information that will lead to finding Harmony contact them. “Anyone who has information about Harmony’s whereabouts is asked to call the Manchester Police Department at 603-668-8711 or Detective Jack Dunleavy at (603) 792-5561. You can also remain anonymous and call the Manchester Crimeline at 603-624-4040”.
Investigators searching for Harmony Montgomery unveiled on Monday they have narrowed the scope of when the New Hampshire girl may have disappeared to a 13-day stretch in late 2019 when her family was homeless, authorities said. See the story.
Minding Hearts is building advocacy and peer support groups in each state. The groups are created to raise awareness, educate, and advocate for those that might not otherwise be heard. We are here for encouragement, education, and support. We cannot give legal advice, but we can try and direct you in the right direction with your case. Links to legal services are listed with their states. Please share and let’s grow our groups. We are here to support families and develop resources that maintain family integrity. We look forward to your support. If you would rather become active by donating, then visit the donation page.